An easy family friendly scrumptiously moist applesauce spice cake with pecans and raisins. It is perfect for potlucks, family events, fall parties and festivals.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 apple finely chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer cream the butter and sugars; until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and add applesauce and egg; blending just until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture in three increments mixing just until combined after each increment. Stir in the apples, pecans, and raisins. Spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. If desired serve with warm caramel sauce.
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !