Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake – low carb, gluten-free recipe. Once the chicken is cooked, use the delicious juices from your baked chicken to pour over cooked rice or cooked pasta, such as spaghetti or angel hair pasta, to serve as side dishes with this Mozzarella chicken. Because you bake everything in one pan, the cleanup is minimal.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Total Time 40 mins
- Servings: 4 people
- Calories: 563 kcal
- 4 chicken breasts , boneless, skinless
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 2 tomatoes , sliced
- 8 oz fresh Mozzarella cheese , sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place chicken breasts in a medium size casserole pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt. Top with minced garlic.
- Spread basil pesto evenly over each chicken breast.
- Add tomato slices on top.
- Add thickly sliced fresh Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 F in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your breasts.
- When serving, top each chicken breast with fresh chopped basil, and a fresh slice of tomato. Pour the juices from the bottom of the casserole pan over pasta or rice.
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !