This easy Blueberry Ricotta Cake is perfect served as a breakfast or coffee cake. Ricotta cake is a delicately sweet and elegant dessert with a clafoutis-like texture.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Cake Cooling: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Calories: 439 kcal
- Servings: 8 slices
For the Blueberry Ricotta Cake:
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter melted (not hot)
- 15 oz ricotta cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- 8 oz blueberries (1 1/2 cups) rinsed and dried
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
How to Make Ricotta Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9” springform pan and line the bottom with a ring of parchment. Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar on high speed for 2 minutes until frothy.
- Blend in melted butter until smooth. Add 15 oz ricotta, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 Tbsp lemon zest and beat on medium speed for 1 minute or just until blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low speed just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle 1 1/2 cups blueberries evenly over the top.
- Bake in the center of oven at 350˚F for 60-65 min or until edges are lightly browned and cake appears set. It will still have a slight jiggle in the center. Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cake platter. Once cake is on the cake platter, you should be apple to easily slide out the parchment from under the cake.
How to Make Lemon Glaze:
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice, adding more juice or powdered sugar to thin or thicken the glaze to desired consistency. Drizzle over warm cake and serve.
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !