The popular chicken rosa maria from Carrabba’s with chicken breast, prosciutto, and fontina cheese.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Total Time 30 mins
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 – 8 ounce pkg. Mushrooms sliced
- 3 Ounces Prosciutto cut into bite size pieces
- 1-2 Lemons approximately 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 Fontina Cheese Slices
- Fresh Basil
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes per side, 10 minutes total. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from pan, cover, and set aside.
- Melt butter in pan and add onion and reduce heat to medium. Cook onions for 4 minutes. Add minced garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add prosciutto and cook until crispy.
- Put chicken breasts back into pan. Stir to coat with onions, mushrooms, and crispy prosciutto.
- Sprinkle freshly squeezed lemon juice all over chicken.
- Top with fontina cheese. Let melt on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil ribbons.