The absolute BEST recipe for Banana Cookies with chocolate chips, walnuts, or both! These easy breakfast drop cookies bake up soft, cake-like and totally delicious!
- Prep Time 13 mins
- Cook Time 18 mins
- Total Time 31 mins
- Servings: 24
- Calories: 157 kcal
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (walnuts or a mix of the two)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and have ready a baking sheet lined with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Use a handheld mixer on medium-high speed and mix until well combined and lightened in color, about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and mix until combined. Then, add the mashed bananas and the vanilla and mix once more.
- Mixing on low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix until all of the ingredients have been combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix just until evenly dispersed.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized mounds of batter onto the baking sheet, spacing them at least 1″ apart. Bake for 13 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on the pan, serve, and enjoy!
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !