Easy Homemade Blueberry Upside Down Cake is incredibly moist and flavorful dessert, but it could be great breakfast, too. This quick & easy cake with caramelized blueberries on top is a perfect dessert for fresh blueberry season.
- yield: 10
- prep time: 20 MINUTES
- cook time: 55 MINUTES
- total time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- BLUEBERRY TOPPING
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter
- 3 cups Fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup Cake flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon zest
- 2 Eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- TO MAKE BLUEBERRY TOPPING – Heat light brown sugar with a 1/4 cup of butter, in a small pan. Stir occasionally until the butter melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, add blueberries and mix. Spread it on the bottom of the cake pan.
- TO MAKE THE CAKE – In a medium dish combine flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Set aside. In a separate dish beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In a large dish beat granulated sugar and a 1/2 cup of butter until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and vanilla and beat until well combined. Slowly add flour mixture and buttermilk, at the same time. Continue beating at low speed until you get fine batter. Fold the egg whites into the batter. Spread evenly over the blueberry layer. Bake for 55 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs on it. Take out of the oven and leave in a cake pan to cool for about 20 minutes. Put serving plate over the cake pan and turn it. Before serving, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Top the cake with whipped cream and garnish with fresh blueberries.
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !