EASY Treacle Tart Recipe for Harry Potter Foodies — What is treacle tart? Harry Potter fans know it’s one of Harry’s favorite desserts! This treacle tart is an easy take on this traditional British dessert.
- yield: 8
- prep time: 10 MINUTES
- cook time: 35 MINUTES
- total time: 45 MINUTES
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Press the pie crust evenly into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Combine Lyle’s Golden Syrup, heavy cream, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, and bread crumbs in a medium bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake tart for 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is golden brown and set. (Filling will wobble a little but will firm upon cooling.) Remove from oven and allow to cool until warm. Serve topped with homemade whipped cream, clotted cream, ice cream, or custard.
- NOTE: The whipped cream topping in this coconut poke cake recipe is perfect on this treacle tart!
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1 Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 345TOTAL FAT: 13gSATURATED FAT: 6gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 5gCHOLESTEROL: 43mgSODIUM: 382mgCARBOHYDRATES: 56gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 35gPROTEIN: 4g
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !