This Stuffed Chicken Recipe is no ordinary stuffed chicken breast! The first cut into the chicken produces a juicy burst of hot lemon-herb butter and makes the chicken so juicy and flavorful. The easy version of the classic Chicken Kiev. Excellent stuffed chicken recipes!
- Prep Time: 29 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Calories: 306 kcal
- Servings: 6
Ingredients for Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- 3 chicken breasts (large – 12 oz each breast), boneless skinless
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Extra light olive oil or canola oil to sautee
Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Butter:
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice plus more to drizzle finished chicken
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
How to Make Flavored Butter:
- In a medium bowl, combine all Lemon Garlic Butter ingredients and mash them together a fork. It takes about 2 minutes of mashing for the lemon juice to incorporate into the butter.
How to Make Butter Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- Using a sharp knife, cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, keeping both halves equal thickness and size. Cut a slit into each chicken breast to create a pocket about 2″wide by 3″ long or as large as you can get it without cutting through the chicken breast.*
- Place 1 Tbsp of the butter filling into each chicken pocket then close to seal and push over the top of the chicken breast to disperse butter. Pinch the opening to seal then season both sides of stuffed chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Set up 3 plates for breading: In the first plate, pour 1/2 cup flour. In the second large bowl, beat together 2 eggs. In the third large bowl, pour 2 cups panko crumbs. Dredge stuffed chicken in flour, shaking off excess then dip in beaten egg, allowing excess egg to drip back into the bowl. Finally, dip chicken into bread crumbs, turning to coat well. Transfer breaded chicken to a large platter or baking sheet.
- Heat a large, deep, heavy bottomed pan or dutch oven over medium heat and add 1/4″ light olive oil. Once oil is hot (350˚F or sizzling when a bread crumb is added), place breaded chicken into the oil in 2 batches so chicken is not crowded and sautee 4 minutes per side, carefully turning with a spatula.** Transfer cooked chicken to a paper towel lined plate.
- To serve: sprinkle lightly with salt if desired, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze fresh lemon juice over chicken.