This Caramel Apple Dump Cake recipe is so easy to make and incredibly delicious. It’s a fun play on a classic apple pie and it hits the spot when it comes to dessert.
- PREP TIME:10 minutes
- COOK TIME:45 minutes
- TOTAL TIME:55 minutes
- 2 20-ounce cans apple pie filling
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ 10.8 ounce bag Werther’s Original Chewy Caramels (cut in half (or similar sized caramels))
- 1 box super moist butter yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup salted butter (1 ½ sticks, cut into 15 squares)
- Vanilla ice cream for serving ((optional))
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dump both cans of apple pie filling into the baking dish. Sprinkle allspice and cinnamon over apples. Stir to mix. Smooth with a spatula.
- Cut ½ of the bag of caramels in half. Sprinkle them over the top of the apples.
- Top with DRY cake mix. Smooth with a spatula.
- Evenly add cold butter pieces to the top of the cake
- Place in the oven and let bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Rotate pan half way through cooking.
- The cake is done when the sides of the cake are bubbling and it is golden brown on top.
Tip 1: Fight the urge to mix! I know this seems silly, but it’s harder than you might think. This cake will honestly turn out the best by just dumping all of your ingredients together. You really do not need to (nor should you) mix it up!
Tip 2: Whether you’re cooking this in a pan in the oven or in the crock pot, it’s super important that you remember to spray the pan or use a liner in your crockpot. Trust me when I say, you do not want to deal with pie filling being stuck like glue to your favorite pan or crock pot bowl!
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !