These bars are so soft and moist and the little bits of chocolate just make them sing. They have lots of pumpkin flavor and you’ll love all those sweet spices!
- Servings: 15
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 cups (258g) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3 tsp (6g) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (242g) canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups (232g) mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and line a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper, butter parchment.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla, then blend in pumpkin.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combined then fold in all but 3 Tbsp of the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan, sprinkle top evenly with remaining 3 Tbsp chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven until bars are set (a toothpick should come out clean or with a moist crumb), about 30 – 35 minutes.
- Cool completely then lift bars from pan using parchment, cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container (in refrigerator for longer shelf life, then let come to room temperature).
- Recipe source: adapted from Martha Stewart
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !